In the top 1% of universities in the world
Adelaide Enterprise manages the university’s commercialisation, IP licensing and spinout activity, delivering University technologies to the market.
- Adelaide Centre for Neuroscience Research Centre for Molecular Pathology
- Adelaide Proteomics Centre
- Centre of Research Excellence in Aboriginal Chronic Disease Knowledge Translation and Exchange
- Centre of Research Excellence in Translating Nutritional Science to Good Health
- Centre for Advanced Nanomaterials
- Centre for Heart Rhythm Disorders
- Centre for Nanoscale BioPhotonics
- Centre for Orthopaedic and Trauma Research
- Centre for Personalised Cancer Medicine
- Centre for Stem Cell Research
- FOODplus Research Centre
- Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing
- Research Centre for Infectious Diseases
- The Robinson Research Institute
In the top 2% of universities for life sciences in the world
Medical Device Partnering Program
The MDPP provides a mechanism to develop proof of concept, prototyping, clinical evaluation and commercialisation planning. Projects have a strong commercial focus and are in response to industry-driven problems.
- Centre for Neuroscience
- Centre for Remote Health
- Flinders Centre for Clinical Change and Health Care Research
- Flinders Centre for Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer
- Flinders Centre for Ophthalmology, Eye and Vision Research
- Flinders University International Centre for Point-of-Care Testing
- Medical Device Research Institute
- Poche Centre for Indigenous Health and Wellbeing
- Research Centre for Injury Studies
Ranked 26 in the world, universities under 50 years old
UniSA Ventures is the technology commercialisation arm of the University of South Australia. It translates research into products and services and is a link between the university and industry, allowing industry to tap into UniSA’s world-class expertise and capabilities. It operates independently from the university, allowing it to be flexible, creative and efficient.
Home to the Sansom Institute for Health Research, the Centre for Cancer Biology and a number of specialised research groups, the University of South Australia has an outstanding reputation for the delivery of research excellence in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of health issues.
UniSA collaborates with partners and UniSA Ventures to ensure innovative research and consultancy is conducted with a focus on applied knowledge in key areas of health, including:
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Population Health
Rankings source: Quacquarelli Symonds
Adelaide's top services export is higher education
Adelaide is Australia’s education city, with tens of thousands of international students studying at Adelaide’s leading heritage and international universities.
A diverse range of biomedical and life sciences courses are available across the state’s universities and public and private vocational training providers, ensuring workforce development opportunities and highly-skilled graduates for recruitment and business expansion.
For decades, Adelaide has been training the world’s students. In particular, Adelaide educational institutions have the ability to tailor courses to a specific country’s needs, and deliver training in areas such as:
- Aged care
- Health management
Options include training your students and educators in Adelaide, or having our expert teachers deliver education locally in your country.